CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Cure-Leaders!

This actually happened a couple of weeks ago, but this is my cheerleaders (Hunter High Cheer), cheering at the Race for the Cure. It was a 5k run, walk held down at the Gateway. My cheerleaders were one of the squads asked to be "cure-leaders" during the race and cheer on the runners and walkers! They were so cute, with the cheers they came up with to help raise breast cancer awareness! They had a great time!
After the race they were part of a little program, where they did their cheers along with 4 other cheer teams, to the survivors, it was really neat and kind of emotional and inspirational to see the survivors and watch them all cheer together! My girls loved it!
This is all of them on the race course. I had to take a pic, cuz they were cheering so loud for me when I came around the course running, I told them I was going to start taking them to all my races!
Yeah!!!!
Everyone, say hi to Colby!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have done this the last 3 years and I love it! Very emotional and amazing how many people there are. Cute cheerleaders :)

Kristen said...

Are you a cheer coach??? Looks like fun! I did that one year ( I pretty much walked ), it was a great experience. I would like to do it again!